Tuesday, July 24, 2012
This Saturday brings the return of the United Manual Transmission Racers to National Trail Raceway for the UMTR's Summer Stick Shift Nationals. This special event brings the UMTR's North and South together in a battle for bragging rights for their region in the Quick Stick and Street Stick classes of competition. The UMTR Summer Stick Shift Nationals is running in conjunction with the regular JEGS ET - Summit Series event for this Saturday. So come on out and experience racing like it use to be, along with all the great racing action of today this Saturday here at NTR.
Below are the rules for the UMTR for those looking to enter their event this Saturday.
UMTR Rules and Regulations
for more information, visit www.umtrdragrace.com
1. Manual transmissions only. Lencos permitted. Hand/Arm shifted lever(s) only. No air shifters permitted. No clutch activated automatics or Brunos permitted. A U.M.T.R. Official will place a colored sticker in the upper right hand corner of the windshield after the car passes inspection. While in the lanes prior to first round, any car without a sticker will not race.
2. All cars must leave the starting line with leg released clutch. Shifting without a clutch
(clutchless) is permitted.
3. All vehicles must pass Host Track Tech Inspection and U.M.T.R. Device Inspection before any passes are made. No electronics are permitted in either class. No Delay Boxes, Pedal Magnets, Air Release or Hydraulic Clutch Line Lock Systems. Any device not meeting U.M.T.R. Tech Regulations must be disarmed by the car owner and will be sealed by U.M.T.R. staff before any passes will be permitted. The seal must remain on the vehicle/device throughout the event. If any competitor is found to have an illegal device after a U.M.T.R. seal is applied, the penalty will be revocation of U.M.T.R. Membership, forfeiture of accumulated points and the driver will be barred from participating in U.M.T.R. events for the remainder of the season.
* Data acquisition, Rev Limiters and Wheel Line Locks are permitted *
4. Once eliminations start you must drive the same car in all rounds.
5. All cars competing in U.M.T.R. events must comply with 2012 N.H.R.A. safety
requirements. Participating host tracks may require engine diapers. All U.M.T.R. racers MUST wear a helmet.
6. ET Breaks for Classes:
QuickStick class: 7.50 to 11.99 E.T.
StreetStick class: 10.50 to 17.99 E.T.
7. All participating tracks have strict provisions prohibiting use of alcohol and/or illegal substances by any driver in competition. Any driver violating these rules will be pulled from further competition.
8. Participants will run on personal dial-in. Dial in may be changed between rounds. Driver/Crew is responsible to check the dial in. Once staged, you have accepted the dial in.
9. Bracket style eliminations will be used at U.M.T.R. Points Events. Pairings, lane choice and bye runs will be determined by Host Track personnel, ONLY. It is every racer's sole
responsibility to make sure they are in the staging lanes in a timely manner. During eliminations, if you are instructed by track personnel to return to the lanes after your win and
you return to the pits you will be disqualified. Only one bye run per car and driver per event.
Unless, the final 3 remaining racers have each already had a bye run, then the bye run
will be determined by chip or card draw.
10. U.M.T.R. will pay Winner, Runner-Up and Semi Finalists.
11. Entry Fees:
QuickStick - $60.00 admits car and driver
StreetStick - $30.00 admits car and driver
Crew members will pay the Host Track Spectator price.
12. Any Question or Complaint must first be brought to the attention of U.M.T.R. Officials ONLY.
13. Do not argue with track personnel for any reason.
14. In order to receive ANY contingency awards at the individual race events you MUST be a UMTR member and be displaying all vendor decals.
15. In order to receive points you must run your permanent U.M.T.R Number ONLY if your permanent number is not on the track's run sheets, you forfeit your points for that race. ALL sponsor decals must be visible on both sides of the car (example fenders, doors, quarter panels). Both quarter windows and back window are also acceptable.
* Failure to display the sponsor decals will result in loss of contingency awards. *
16. ALL (a,b,c, d & e below) point rules are based upon a UMTR Member having brought their car to the track, purchased a tech card, turned their tech card in to host track personnel and appear for at least one time run.
a. U.M.T.R. members will earn 5-points for every round in which they compete.
Event Winner gets an additional 5 points.
b. 2-points will be awarded to any member who BROKE BEFORE first round of Eliminations. Entry money will go toward race purse.
c. 1-point will be awarded for the best reaction time during eliminations per class.
d. Rainouts: If the host track calls a rainout before eliminations 2 points will be awarded.
e. A rainout during eliminations, points will be awarded forcompleted rounds only. No points will be awarded for partial rounds. No points will be awarded for future rounds.
17. Any stick shift car is welcome to participate in any U.M.T.R. event. However, to accumulate points to receive end of year prizes and contingency awards (described in #15, 16 & 17 above) you must be a member. The Membership Fee is $40.00 per class. To compete for points in both classes you must pay two membership fees.
18. Each U.M.T.R. Chapter will have its own Points Champions. Points toward the
Championships will only be earned in the chapter to which you are a member. Any driver can belong to more than one U.M.T.R Chapter during the same season.
19. Every race will be a points race.
20. Quick 8 race:
a. Only door cars( doors must be in working order).
b. Car must be naturally aspirated. (No Power Adders !) Quick 8 ONLY !
c. Points; Members will receive 5 additional points for qualifying for the Quick 8
All rules are subject to change as circumstances may demand from time to time. U.M.T.R. will make every effort to give ample advance notice of any changes.
Remember- No printed rule book or guidelines can replace courtesy and common sense. Responsible and professional behavior is expected and greatly appreciated.